Being one of the commonly used spaces in the house, your bathroom is highly prone to dirt and grime. The dirty shower tiles can really spoil the look of your bathroom. Therefore, it’s important to maintain them the right way. So this article here shows you the way to the speckle-free bathroom.
How to regularly clean your shower tiles?
Here are some safe ways to clean your shower tiles:
- Spray the ‘Commercial tub and tile cleaner’ on the entire tile surface. Allow the liquid to settle for minimum 15 minutes.
- Now, thoroughly scrub the tiles with a scrub brush or toothbrush.
- After that, rinse the shower tiles with water and reapply the ‘tile cleaner’ solution on the stubborn stains, if required.
- Now wipe them thoroughly with a squeegee or dry absorbent cloth and let them dry naturally.
How to regularly clean tile grout?
Though the grout gets cleaned along with your shower tiles, sometimes it needs a little extra care. Follow these steps for their cleaner, brighter look:
- Make a balanced paste of vinegar and baking soda (or hydrogen peroxide)
- Apply it on the grout using a grout cleaning tool or an old electric toothbrush. Now, allow the paste to sit and then again go over the grout lines with the electric toothbrush
- Rinse the grout with hot water and let it dry for 24 hours. Now, coat the grout joints with sealers.
How to restore the shine of shower tiles?
Over time, shower tiles can get dull due to soap scum and hard water deposits. Regular cleaning procedures and ordinary soap may not be enough. So, here’s what you can do:
- Fill the spray bottle with undiluted white vinegar and spray it on the tile surface.
- Now, wait for 10 minutes and turn on the hot-water shower for a couple of minutes. The steam of the hot water will help in dissolving the soap scums.
- Wipe the tile with a damp sponge and dry it with a towel.
- Apply 1 tablespoon of car wax to the damp sponge and start applying it on the surface of the tiles.
- After 15-20 minutes, when the wax turns cloudy, start removing the wax traces with clean rags.
Now that you have this cleaning guide with you, say goodbye to dirty grout and discolored tiles forever. For the best quality shower tiles, check out Ceramique au Sommet today.